miercoles, el 21 de marzo de 2012


Check out this lil’hombre!!


More about this foto later.

Great day for all involved. But what is this 6am wake up call from our hijo? Oh Max!!

Bex took first call and I took over at 830am. He had already had a short nap, so we hung out for a while, talking about the affects smoking can have on your health, and then slinged up and headed out for our walk.

Attempt #2 on getting our $$ from HSBC and today we had success!!

Short line, but with only 2 caja open, it took 25 minutes to get to the front. Good thing the hombre behind us was an amigo from the gym. Problem? It has been soooo long since I have seen him, I forget his nombre.

But we chatted it up and he was interested in all things about Max.

When we got to the teller…ah ha…we needed 2 copies of my passport. Who knew? So over to a customer service type of hombre and he took care of the copies and then back to the caja.

There I met a Mexican hombre who complained about racism in Mexico…and why should a blanco like me, need to stand in the “visitor” line up. Nice guy, interesting conversation.

Five minutes later, we had our pesos and we were on our way.

Max had been so well behaved and having been in the sling for 45 minutes, he let me know he had enough and asked that I take him home.

On the way, he fell asleep and so we headed to the alberca. There I was amazed that I managed to get him out of the sling, get the sling off me and then getting him on my chest…and he stayed asleep!! The best 30 minutes of my day!!

A VERY slow wake up. He had his eyes open, staring at the arbol (of course) and then 10 minutes later told me it was leche time.
And as per usual, after our walk he was hungry…it was a Max double double.

Then it was condo clean up. Tons of polvo (dust) which less be honest, was more of a fine dirt then dust. Tons of cleaning and then I headed out to el gimnasio.

Good session, but not much happening on the calles.

Headed home, stopped off for some bollos y plátanos first.

Pool time!! But first Max needed a nap and it was my turn to get the ojo Diablo…but amazingly so, he fell asleep without too much of a fuss.

I hit the deck for some vitamin D and shortly later, the familia woke me up and we hit the alberca.

In the last week, we have seen one of the bigger changes in Max’s personality and behaviours. All the rolling over was big, but I think all the smiling and laughing he now does, is even bigger.

Today in the pool, lots of smiles, laughs, some talking and a ton of splashing. And head under water? After it was all done (courtesy of madre), it only took 5 seconds for him to figure out all was good and then he had the look of  “bring it on padres”!! Ja ja ja

We headed up for some chez lounge time, followed by 30 minutes of Alex Trebek…”I’ll take smiles and laughs for $500 please Alex”.

Rutina went off without a hitch and it is currently 920pm…la cena is finished (cerdo con papas) y estamos lavando los platos.

Bex is headed upstairs and I will finish this entry and follow up on the comings and goings of the mundo. Canucks were tied 1-1 last I saw…that Blackhawk is going to be suspended 10 games…just my guess.

Misc

On one of our walks through the zocalo, we met a couple of ladies, one early 70’s and another maybe 35. The older lady now lives here and is working on her español, while the younger lady was amazed at the fact Max and her shared hair colors.

Everything was going great and then they said to me “have you met us before? We are Jehovah’s Witnesses…here, have a brocheure”. Lol Nice peeps, so I took their paper and left it at that. There must be a course on how JWs are supposed to spread the word. Lol

Remember this foto?


Daniel came back and said the joven was selling chicharron and I was confused, as I know chicharron to be fried pigs skin. Nasty looking stuff if you ask me.

Anyway, here is what Daniel originally emailed me:

“es chicharron de harina en tu foto hay 2 tipos, los blancos son sabor potato y los color orange son sabor normal”

Huh? Wheat chicharron? And in the foto the white ones are potato falvor and the orange ones are “normal” flavor?

Had some follow up and I guess you can buy wheat chicharron (kinda like pasta) and then you deep fry it.



As for the different flavours, Carlos says it does NOT taste like the real thing, but close. Most peeps pour on the Valentina salsa.


But why both products are called chicharron? That I cannot answer.

Here are the fotos from both walks.

A niño.


Who had been playing with this niña moments before.


Still lots of viento today.


Which leads to more cocos on the meridian.


There is a nice teatro al aire libre (open air theatre) in Santa Cruz. I would be interested in seeing what this concert is about. Stay tuned.


Miau miau.


I just liked all the colors.


And last but not least…the fotos of the lil’hombre who will no longer stay lying down on his back.





Mañana…might be Mojon con Roman y Scott. Stay tuned.

saludos

Marco, Bexico y Max

No comments:

Post a Comment